At Live Oak Contracting we believe there’s a better way to do multifamily construction. We work with our clients, employees, and vendors to build long-term relationships based on integrity and collaboration. Our team is the foundation of this vision which is why it’s our goal to recruit, hire, and retain the very best in the industry.
This is a rare opportunity to join a talented team of innovators who thrive in a challenging and creative environment. Recognized by the Jacksonville Business Journal as one of Northeast Florida’s Best Places to Work and Coolest Office Spaces, Live Oak Contracting is committed to empowering employees to reach new milestones through mentorship, collaboration, encouragement, and professional development. With a wide range of opportunities from internships to management, there are many ways to grow your career at Live Oak Contracting. Collaborate with us!
Director of Construction
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the overall supervision, direction, completion, and financial outcome of Live Oak Contracting’s projects, pursuits, and business growth in the Northeast. This includes leading project teams in the successful completion of quality projects by providing oversight, guidance, and resources throughout the project duration. Manages contractual requirements, agreements with trade partners, work performance, budgets, schedules, and risk mitigation. Represents Live Oak Contracting in building relationships with owners, developers, subcontractors, and vendors. The Successful candidate must be an effective leader, communicator, and mentor who is experienced in multifamily construction and exemplifies Live Oak Contracting’s core values. Must be willing to regularly travel to jobsites across the Northeast, but based at our Corporate Office in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Serve as a client contact ensuring quality and service levels, manage client expectations, provide expert consultation, and resolve disputes.
- Communicates proactively and effectively with a high level of professionalism, honesty, and integrity.
- Represent the organization to employees, subcontractors, clients, and communities by demonstrating Live Oak’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Strategic planner and problem solver able to successfully identify, define, assess, and mitigate risks and issues. Resolve disputes and implement solutions to ensure project and organizational success.
- Responsible for all aspects of multiple projects from start to finish.
- Ensure construction activities move according to predetermined schedule and project profitability forecast, monitor the progress of construction activities on a regular basis and holding regular status meetings.
- Manage project finances including budget, buy-out, schedule of values, job costs, requests for payment, monthly owner billings, monthly cost reviews, subcontract change orders, and owner change orders.
- Oversee performance of all trade contractors and review architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed. Manage, track, and follow-up on all RFI’s and Submittals.
- Execute the project in accordance with Owner Contract, Subcontracts, Purchase Order Agreements, Service Agreements, and Master Service Agreements.
- Supervise Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, and Project Engineers. Follow up on reported difficulties and correct any deficiencies.
- Regularly update the project schedule. Track events, impacts, and changes in the schedule to allow for the management and prevention of delays.
- Work with Estimating to coordinate plans, specs, and bids to finalize subcontractor scopes. Negotiate competitive pricing with Vendors and Subcontractors while ensuring complete and accurate scopes.
- Mentor and train employees to develop and deepen technical, problem solving, and leadership skillsets.
- 10 years of related construction experience; multi-family required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to manage multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to produce work that is accurate, complete, and error-free.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with others.
- Must be computer literate and able to use applicable software consistent with responsibilities.
- Success factors include reliability, positive attitude, professionalism, and an eagerness to learn.
- Ability to collaborate with senior management and interact with clients, subcontractors and vendors
- Concise communication
Equal Opportunity Employer
Live Oak Contracting, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Live Oak Contracting, LLC. is a drug-free workplace.
We’re looking for a Construction Site Superintendent to lead the overall management and construction of multifamily projects located in the Southeast. We specialize in multifamily development and capital improvement projects with a focus on building long term relationships through integrity, quality, and collaboration.
Reports directly to the Project Manager/General Superintendent. The construction superintendent coordinates all site construction activities and supervises all field personnel as required to successfully complete the project on schedule and in budget. This includes maintaining a high level of quality control, supervising all field/trade personnel, while administering good safety practices with all on site activities. The superintendent also maintains, organizes, and transmits all field documentation to the appropriate parties. Project superintendents should be available for travel and/or relocation.
- Coordinate and supervise all field construction activities.
- Direct all field personnel and subcontractors to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications.
- Coordinate material deliveries.
- Schedule inspections as necessary throughout construction process.
- Understand the project plans and specifications prior to any scheduled work performed.
- Manage and transmit all job site documentation including daily reports, safety meetings, material delivery tickets, job site photos, timecards, reimbursements, etc.
- Maintain positive relationships with all clients, subcontractors, suppliers and other employees.
- Prepare schedules and supervise procedure for final punch list performance.
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Administer on-site safety meetings weekly with sub-contractors.
- Weekly safety reports are to be sent electronically to project manager.
- All safety reports are to be printed and included in the job site safety folder in the job site trailer.
- Maintain an organized job site
- Including material lay down areas, interior of buildings, and construction trailer.
- Proactively identify and solve problems.
- Willingness to travel.
This a list of core responsibilities, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
High school or GED is required and College credits are preferred. Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in multifamily construction or 10 years of overall experience.
We are looking for an Assistant Superintendent to provide onsite management covering all aspects of construction. We specialize in multifamily development and capital improvement projects with a focus on building long term relationships through integrity, quality, and collaboration.
This role will assist the Superintendent by managing designated field activities associated with the project and supervision of designated field construction work by subcontractors and employees. This position is further responsible for the implementation of quality of work standards and safety management all of which comply with established company procedures.
- Initiate and foster relationships with project stakeholders
- Assist in generating daily reports and monthly weather logs
- Manage material delivery tickets
- Assist in maintaining on site as-built drawings
- Manage the security of the project site on a daily basis
- Scheduling activities based on site activity
- Maintain a high-quality standard
- Manage overall progress schedule ensuring milestone activities are successfully achieved
- Assist in conducting daily safety and progress inspections
- Ensure that all field construction practices are in accordance with the operations manual
- Maintain a clean and organized job site.
- Assist Superintendent with project acceptance in an efficient manner.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of multi-family construction methods and materials
- Valid driver license with dependable transportation required.
- Flexibility to work an ever-changing work schedule.
High school or GED is required.
Live Oak Contracting is committed to assisting eligible students to finance their college education and support the University of North Florida Department of Construction Management. Each year, four incoming Junior and Senior students enrolled in the UNF Construction Management Program who exhibit outstanding academic achievements and extracurricular involvement will have the opportunity to receive financial assistance annually up to $2,500 and will be known as the Live Oak Contracting Scholars.
Live Oak believes that the best talent is derived from well-rounded students and supports diversity in the workplace. Therefore, one award will go to a male or female student who is active in the UNF Women in Construction Club and two awards will be given to members of the National Association of Homebuilders Club. The last scholarship will be reserved for one construction student regardless of club involvement.
To apply please follow the below link:
Live Oak Contracting has determined that eligible students must:
- Meet admission requirements and be accepted by the University of North Florida
- Reside in Florida for tuition purposes
- Enroll full-time with at least 12 credit hours in the Fall and 12 credit hours in the Spring semesters
- Be a Junior or Senior majoring in Construction Management
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0
- Be selected by a committee chosen by the Dean of the College of Computing, Engineering, and Construction.
Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Comply with all University regulations, rules, codes of conduct governing students on campus
- Consent to release grades to the Division of University Development and Alumni Engagement for the purpose of reporting to the donor
- Remain in good standing as a student.